Monday, February 5, 2007

Feburary 5 - News from the arctic north

Sorry that I've not been as good about posting here. Not having internet access at the hospital, and my late night arrivals at home have made it difficult to keep you up to date!

First, I want to request your prayers for a tragedy that took the life of a very dear friend and former parishioner over the weekend. A fire destroyed the house and took the life of Mary Robinson, who was a member of my former church in Birds Illinois. Her husband Gene survived the blaze. These are two very, very dear people. They were godly influences to Barbara and I, as well as many others. Mary will be sadly missed, and my prayers are with Gene, the family, and all my friends from Birds FM. I'm also praying that God will strengthen my good friend, Pastor Roger Boyd, as he seeks to minister to this congregation in the aftermath of such a horrible event. That being said, I am overflowing with joy at the thought of Mary at home in Heaven with our Father tonight! Wow, what a victory!

Many of you have wondered if Barbara has been transferred to RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) yet. No, she hasn't. It might happen tomorrow, but we don't know that for sure. They wanted some new blood tests done. I'm not sure what the hold-up is all about.

Barbara is now back to her old dosage level of steroid for the arthritis, and her pain is driving her crazy again. Also, her fibro myalgia has flared up.

Barbara underwent a test today concerning a possible complication, but I have no details to pass along yet. No need to be alarmed; it was done more as a precaution. However, pray that the results come back negative.

Please also pray that Barbara's head wound will heal quickly,

Pray that her pain will subside,

Pray for a safe and smooth transfer to rehab,

Pray for my safety on the road as I'll be driving all over the place in the days ahead.

Oh, also keep her in prayers that her heart rate and blood pressure will normalize.

And boy, is it cold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg--Thanks for keeping us current on Barbara. I know it must be a challenge and a struggle for you along with other things you must do. The traffic can be pretty intense up there along with the cold weather. Our Father, We pray for Greg's friend Mary, who passed away and her gusband Gene. Give him peace, strength, and your love to continue his life. Be with Barbara and comfort her as she waits for a transfer. Help her recent test to be negative, and quickly heal the wound on her head. We ask, Lord, that you will relieve her pain, and give Barbara a safe and smooth transfer to her new facility. We also pray that her heart rate and blood pressure will be normal. Bless Greg as he travels to support Barbara, and take him to his destination safely. Continue to give him strength, energy, and a positive outlook, and provide for all of his needs. In His name we pray, Amen.--Gene and Marcia