Friday, March 16, 2007

March 16

It's difficult to think of things to say when I'm as frustrated as I've been this week. Actually, I thought things have gone quite well with the move to the nursing home. However, Barbara is a complete wreck emotionally, and that takes a toll on all of us.

She has now taken up residence at Miller's Merry Manor in Hobart. She will only be there 20 days, as that is what Medicare will pay. Beyond that, she'll be coming home one way or the other! Her room is nice, and as nursing homes go, Miller's is a very nice facility. I've also been pleased with the nurses and aids for the most part.

Yesterday, after they put Barbara in a chair, I wheeled her around the facility to see her environs. She seemed to be suitably impressed. We were also quite blessed to have Karen Johnson, our nurse practitioner who've we've seen since living up here, stop in to evaluate Barbara and serve as her overseeing physician. I am so extremely grateful that she was willing to do this as she is a very caring and prayerful Christian lady who we trust a great deal.

I don't know what to say about Barbara's depression, though. She has no appetite, and is still throwing up quite a bit. Please make this a big part of your prayers for her today. Also pray that her time at Miller's will help her to be able to function well once returning home. I dreamed (again) last night that Barbara just got up on her own and started walking. I'm reminded that this is not an uncommon miracle. I hope the Lord will strengthen my faith so that I can allow Him to work His wonder and grace through us more fully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg--We're glad that things have gone well at the nursing home and that you have a "prayerful Christian lady..." as Barbara's overseeing physician.

Our Father, We thank you for the good things that Barbara has experienced at the nursing home. We pray that you will help Barbara relax and bring her emotions under control. Brighten up her day with cheerful things and increase her appetite. Settle her stomach, Lord, and keep her from throwing up. We pray that her therapy will continue to prepare her to get along on her own at home. Be with Greg and Jackie, Lord, strengthen them and provide for their needs. In Christ name we pray, Amen.--Gene and Marcia