Thursday, September 13, 2007

And Now A Word From Barbara!

Hello everyone! Greg has been so faithful at keeping up with the blog. I have no idea what a blog is... so I am writing this the old fashioned way and Greg will blog it. He is so wonderful. We thought it was time for me to let everyone know exactly how well I am doing. I did have therapy today and will go back tomorrow. Nothing that exciting today but when I look back at where I started, I am amazed at what God has done for me. It has been a long and difficult journey and God has shown me so much (Himself, His power and His love for me). I had so many wonderful doctors, nurses and therapists. But it was God that gave me the help when I was weak, the hope when all seemed dark and healing (both physical and spiritual).

Therapy is going well. I enjoy going and being around others. They have me standing and the goal for now is 7 minutes while doing dishes. My record is 6 minutes while holding on to the bars for dear life. I still need someone to hold on to me since I am unable to keep my balance (I tend to fall backwards). Stacey, my therapist, has me up and walking with my walker and she holds on to me. My goal is to walk 30 feet. I consistently am able to do this 3 times each day. Again, I need Stacey to keep me upright so I don't fall backwards.

My long term goal is to walk 80 feet without going over backwards. One day I actually walked 95 feet but Stacey called it a fluke and asked what I had eaten for breakfast (SUPER Sugar Crisps)!

We are still waiting for in-home services since I still require a lot of help with everyday tasks. The wound on my leg is still struggling to heal. It was cultured and found to be growing a couple of nasty bugs. I just finished the antibiotic but Greg still has to wash and dress it every day. We both would appreciate your prayers for these matters as well as the financial mess of things. It is a common thing to get calls from doctors, hospitals and nursing home telling us that Medicare or insurance is refusing to pay. Thank you all for your months of prayers. I could feel each one of them. They gave me strength and God saw me through it all. He continues to have His hand upon every aspect of this ongoing saga.

Love, Barbara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara--It's so good to hear from you directly and to know that you're doing so much better. I watched my wife and my mother benefit from therapy, so I know how important it is. We will continue to keep you in our prayers, and we will pray: that you will continue to keep getting stronger, that your wound will heal quickly, and that your financial matters will be resolved satisfactorily. We also will continue to pray that God will continue to strengthen Greg and to give him good health to continue his ministry, to help you as needed, and to complete his chores at home. May you two continue to be drawn closer to each othe through His love.--Our love, Gene and Marcia