Friday, January 5, 2007

January 5

So here we are today back in intensive care. Actually, I like this area better than the other because of the superb care she gets. While there were certainly some nurses in the step-down unit that were good, the nurses here set such a high standard of excellence. They've also become like family!

Barbara's blood pressure is back in a good range. Due to the meds they've given her, her heart rate is a bit high. However, that is fine as long as she maintains a steady pattern of heart beats. As things stand now, she'll probably be here for a day or two more while they monitor her, administer this blood pressure medicine, and try to prevent this from becoming a problem.

Barbara was very upset last night, seeing this as a "regression". However, she is peaceful today and realizes that it is simply a step of prevention. Everything else continues in a good pattern.

Please pray that her blood pressure and heart rate stabilize again,

That she has NO MORE anxiety attacks,

That God SPEEDS the rate of her healing,

And that I stay sane!!!

I mentioned that we pray for many of you as a means of lifting our own spirits. Please join me today in praying for a very dear friend of ours who emailed us today that she has just found out that she has cancer. I haven't asked permission to use her name, but I definitely would like you to join with Barbara and I in lifting her in prayer today. She shares that the prognosis is good. I know the experience of your great wall of prayers surrounding us, so I solicit you again for someone who is a mighty servant of God. You may not know the details, but God will know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor & Barb, just wanted to tell you "fooey's" are no big deals. I can't tell you how many Keith & I experienced in the 15 yrs we were together as far as his heart was concerned. God always provides a way to get around the "fooey".

My prayers are with you continually and will add your friend to them.

Patti

Anonymous said...

I love you Miss Barb!!!

I hope you will be better very soon!!

I pray for you all the time and Jesus listens to me!!

Pastor Greg...How are you doing?

I pray for you too.

Have a good day and be very good!!
Love.....Fayth

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg--We're so sorry to hear that Barbara was moved back into intensive care, but we're pleased to know her blood pressure is doing better. We pray that her blood pressure and heart rate will stabilize, that Barbara will have cease to have anxiety attacks, that her healing will continue rapidly, and that Greg will remain in a peaceful and calm state. We also pray for Greg's friend who has cancer. Give her a peace about her situation and heal her body if it is according to Your will. In Christ's name we pray.

Gene and Marcia