Wednesday, February 21, 2007

February 21: Rehab Update

Hi. This is Jackie again. It's been a while since writing. Since I have not been in Indiana with Mom and Dad, I haven't really had much to contribute. Today I am writing this to relay some information Dad told me this morning.

Apparently Mom is being transferred to a rehab facility in East Chicago TODAY at around 3:30pm. I am unaware of the name of the hospital it is attached to, but it is in East Chicago and possibly even closer of a drive for Dad to get there than the facility she is currently in! Praise the Lord! The wait with RIC and all the mixed information they were giving became too much. We all think it is the best decision to get her into rehab sooner than later, especially with the limited amount of time we're working with. It will be great to know she'll be starting to become more active and possibly making larger and larger leaps in progress every day!

I am eagerly awaiting my visit to Northern Indiana planned for March 9-13. I am oh-so ready to see Mom and to talk to her face to face (it has actually been since September that I've gotten to do that). I am prepared to be completely overwhelmed at the progress she has made and to praise God for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie--It's good to hear from you again. We hope that everything is going well with you at Asbury. We're so pleased to hear that you mother has found a rehab facility closer in East Chicago. We thank God for answering all of our prayers. May He guide and direct your Mom and Dad as they enter a new phase of the healing process, and may your Mom complete the processs quickly healed. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers. Love, Gene and Marcia